Wednesday 21 December 2011



I am not very good at keeping this blog updated. I am including the photos of 2 blocks I made for swaps I am in. When i first saw I had to make a Log Cabin block, my heart sank. I have always admired them but after spending ages with a pen and ruler and trying to make one - mainly by hand - back in the 70's, they were firmly put in the "too hard" bin. However I had joined the swap and was not going to pike at the first block asked for. Off I set. What a difference it is with a rotary cutter etc. It took me 40 minutes to make the block and frankly most of that was going through my stash of Christmas material and finding pieces I had forgotten I had.

I don't think I will rush off and make a quilt of them but I can see one or two getting made in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment